Tuesday 29 July 2014

Banana and honey microwave cake 






I've always loved mugcakes, but I can never actually make one at home as we don't have a microwave because my mum thinks that microwaves are terrible inventions...I on the other hand disagree :).luckily our kitchen in our little apartment has one and I have been using it nonstop. As the rain poured down this morning all I wanted was some comfort food and then I realised why haven't I made a mug cake yet? It was perfect for this stormy morning! So here's the recipe

Ingredients:

60g oats 
1 banana
1 tbsp Greek yogurt
50ml plant based milk
1tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp honey
1 egg
1 handful of sultanas 
1 tsp coconut oil
A little more coconut oil for greasing


1. Mix your oats and cinnamon together in a bowl
2. Cut your banana in half and mash up 1 half and put the other half to the side for later, mix in the mashed banana with the cinnamon  and oats. 
3. In a separate bowl mix together your plant based milk, honey and Greek yogurt and mix together 
4. Crack your egg into the oat and cinnamon and banana mixture and combine
5. When the egg has combined with the oats and cinnamon add your plant based milk, honey and Greek yogurt mixture into the bowl with the oats, egg, banana and cinnamon
5. Now add in your coconut oil
6. Get the other half of the banana you left aside and chop it up and add it to the mixture along with a handful of sultanas
7. Get a microwaveable bowl and grease it with some coconut oil and pour your mixture in 
8. Microwave for 2 mins and then again for another 2 mins
9. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. heyy, I've tagged you on the Liebster award tag because I love your blog :)

    here's the post on what to do, can't wait to read it xx

    http://annaboho.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/tags-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete