Wednesday 9 July 2014

Cinnamon and raisin oats






It's a cloudy day today and I can hear a slight whistle from the wind, I woke up wanting nothing but cinnamon pancakes, but then I remember....pancakes are no more for a while thanks to my stepdad for throwing away the pan , so I thought I would start off my blog with a bowl of oatmeal which I have nearly everyday, it's easy to make and delicious and uses three of my favourite ingredients: cinnamon, banana and raisins 🍌

Ingredients:

2/3 cup plant based milk ( I use soya)
1/2 cup water
I/2 cup oats
1 banana
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tsp coconut oil (optional)
Tbsp of cinnamon
A handful of raisins
2 tbsp of dessicated coconut (optional)

1. Pour your milk and water in a pan and bring to the boil,
2. Once boiling add your oats and stir, then turn the heat all the way down so it's simmering
3. While the oats and milk are simmering cut your banana in half and mash 1/2 of the banana until it is in a purée and leave the other half aside
4. Once your oats have thickened slightly add your mashed banana, vanilla extract and stir
5. Leave to simmer for another minute (you may need to add more milk)
6. Now add your cinnamon, coconut oil, raisins and dessicated coconut
7. Stir and when the oats are thick takeaway from the heat, put in a bowl and top with the rest of the banana and more raisins and whatever other topping you want! (I also usually add agave) 

No comments:

Post a Comment